Meets most of The World Health Organization’s ASSURED criteria for remote testing: 1
- Deliverable to end users
Future Growth in Molecular Diagnostic Testing is Outside the Traditional Laboratory:
Three major changes in the healthcare field:2
(1) reduction in inpatient admissions that is driving the growth of bedless or mini-hospitals;
(2) provision of first-tier outpatient care in walk-in clinics such as CVS MinuteClinic®
(3) the transfer of some inpatient care to patients’ homes, partly as a cost-reduction strategy.
Use in Translational Research for assay development
- Build on Basic Scientific Research
- Clinical Research using validated assay
- Assay development
- Provide information for safety and effectiveness for use with a corresponding drug or biological product
- Deployable molecular diagnostic device
- Results comparable to laboratory-based molecular diagnostic technology
1. Kosack, CS, Page, A-L, and Klatser, PA. A guide to aid the selection of diagnostic tests. Bulletin of the World Health Organization (2017)95:639-645. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.2471/BLT.16.187468.
2. Reducing the Cost of Care; Provide Home Care for Sicker Patients with Remote Monitoring. Lab Soft News. FeedBlitz (1/4/19) www.feedblitz.com.
3. Qato, DM, Zenk, S, Wilder, J, Harrington, R, Gaskin, D, Alexander, GC. The availability of pharmacies in the United States: 2007-2015. (2017) PLoS One12(8):c0183172 /doi.org/10.1371/ journal.pone.0183172.
4. The promise of point-of-care testing: Hy-Vee’s Kingston shows how it works. Pharmacy Today. February 2016. Pg. 34-37.
5. Ibid. pg 37.
6. Larry Merlo CVS Health CEO. JP Morgan Chase Healthcare Conference Jan 7, 2019. Modern Healthcare.
8. CVS Health and Aetna close $69 billion merger. Shelby Livingston. Modern Healthcare. November 28, 2018.
9. A Visit with a MinuteClinic Nurse Practitioner; My Observations and Conclusions. Lab Soft News. FeedBlitz (12/18/18) www.feedblitz.com.
10. 2018 Economic Report on U.S. Pharmacies and Pharmacy Benefit Managers. Drug Channels Institute.
11. Supermarket News (1-10-19).
12. Schuetz, A. Bringing the Laboratory Test to the Patient With Point-of-Contact Tests. Clin. Microbiol: Bugs & Drugs. Clin & Public Health Microbiology Newsletter. (October 8, 2018).
NOT AVAILABLE FOR COMMERCIAL SALE within the USA.